- LUBE-IT is essential to a best practices lubrication system. I know LUBE-IT has saved us tens of thousands of dollars.
- LUBE-IT is a major part in the foundation of a world class lubrication system. We haven’t experienced a lubrication related failure in 18 months.
- Since we’ve been using LUBE-IT, we’re staying on top of lubrication tasks without forgetting any. I estimate we’re getting about 25% more equipment uptime with fewer staff, with ROI in about one year.
- With LUBE-IT, we were able to find out what lubricants were used where. With this information we reduced our stock in two ways: eliminating products not being used any more and consolidating products on lubrication points that could use a different (and more often used) lube.
- LUBE-IT eliminates the issue of missing or incorrect lubrication and keeps our techs working at maximum efficiency. It allows our techs to focus on what needs to be done and take over without missing anything if someone is out. If I need to change a lubrication task I can do it in seconds, and everything is updated so we’re on the same page.
- Lubrication is your single most important program; not alignment or balancing or PdM.
NewPage is the leading producer of printing and specialty papers in North America. New Page’s Duluth plant adopted LUBE-IT so management could look closely at lubrication to discover cost savings and increase the working life of their equipment.
- The Duluth plant has a huge volume of lubrication activities to be performed involving different lubricants, time frames, and procedures.
- LUBE-IT allows them to store and easily access detailed information on each lube point
- Data is stored in one place that is easily accessible to all
- Lube techs in Duluth can use LUBE-IT to access proper lube procedures as well as safety
“With LUBE-IT, we’re staying on top of lubrication tasks without forgetting any.” -James Wanstreet, Reliability Engineer and Lubrication Department Supervisor, KapStone
KapStone Paper and Packaging Corp. operates a kraft paper mill in Charleston, SC. They were concerned about lubrication data not being recorded and information not being passed on.
- Their CMMS system didn’t provide the in-depth lubrication data they needed
- They wanted a system that recorded data not only for each piece of equipment but also
for each lube point, including when it’s due and who is supposed to do it
- Also needed a system that flagged tasks that hadn’t been done
- LUBE-IT eliminates the issue of missing or incorrect lubrication and keeps KapStone
techs working at maximum efficiency
- If a lube tech needs to know what type of oil goes into any lube point in any piece of
equipment in middle of the night, they can look it up in the software and get the correct
- The Charleston plant estimates it’s getting approximately 25% more equipment uptime
with fewer staff, with ROI predicted in about one year
“Machine failures are down and reliability has improved.” -John Underwood, Corporate Lubricants Consultant, DuPont Engineering Technology (DuET) Rotating Machinery
DuPont found out early on that SAP couldn’t manage lubrication at the lube-point level. When
they went looking for something that would manage at that level, they found LUBE-IT.
- DuPont was concerned that they were losing lubrication data
- A major selling point for DuPont was LUBE-IT’s support for hand-held devices –
DuPont techs can enter information from the machine itself
- DuPont management also likes the Trouble Log feature, which records abnormal machine
conditions and allows plants to track consumption and see trends for each machine
- Now DuPont gets instant feedback on its lubrication practices
- LUBE-IT is now used at approximately 20-25 DuPont plants in the U.S.
“LUBE-IT has become my right-hand man.” -Danny Smith, Preventive Maintenance Reliability Planner/Coordinator, PCS Phosphate PCS Phosphate’s
White Springs plant has more than 4,000 lube points. Like other forward-thinking companies, they were looking for the best way to manage all these lube points. LUBE-IT was recommended to them by PCS Phosphate’s Atlanta plant.
- LUBE-IT allows them to keep all of their lubrication in one place
- LUBE-IT tells them what type of lubricant a particular piece of equipment needs, when it
needs it, where it needs it, how to do it, and the frequency when it’s changed
- They can see where something might become a problem and get to it early on
- The White Springs plant has a team of six lube techs who can instantly reference
everything about any machine
- In the past 6-8 months they’ve have had no equipment failures and no lubrication issues
“We couldn’t perform this type of lubrication control with any other program.” -Simon Wade Predictive Maintenance Superintendent Abitibi Consolidated, Arizona
Abitibi Consolidated is a Canadian-based papermaker in Snowflake, Arizona. Abitibi adopted LUBE-IT so they could maintain a consistent, cohesive lubrication agenda.
- LUBE-IT gives them a much more accurate picture of how their equipment is being lubricated
- Gives them networking capability – more than one person can view lubrication data and use it at once
- They don’t lose data because everything is entered in the same system
- Decreases machine downtime
- LUBE-IT prevented at least two catastrophic bearing failures from lack of lubrication – each one would have cost approximately $50,000 to repair
- They’ve also saved “thousands of dollars” on other repairs that were avoided