Benefits of LUBE-IT
Improper lubrication is the number one cause of equipment failure.
The best opportunity to save money and improve equipment uptime in maintenance is with well-executed lubrication reliability practices and management – and that means LUBE-IT, the world’s most widely used lubrication reliability software solution.
LUBE-IT has the depth of detail needed to maximize the reliability of every machine in the plant increasing overall production capacity and facility uptime. LUBE-IT knows:
- What needs lubrication
- Which lubricant to use
- How much lubricant to use
- Where the lubricant point is located
- The correct procedure
- Any safety requirement
With capabilities not found in spreadsheets or CMMS systems, LUBE-IT manages every task at every lube point providing lube techs with all the information they need to keep equipment running and profits flowing.
Innovation for Lubrication
An innovative software solution for the complex problem of lubrication, LUBE-IT enhances profits and improves lubrication practices – eliminating the cause of 50% of all industrial equipment failures.
LUBE-IT offers high ROI in these key areas:
Reduces Costly Downtime
Improves Employee Productivity
Maintains Knowledge Assets
Manages Lubrication Consumption
Cuts Energy Costs
It is critical to get the right lubricant in the right place at the right time using the right procedure or technique, every time to ensure machine condition and equipment reliability.
Performing lubrication seems elementary, and has been approached the same way for many decades. However, it is much more complex than it is given credit for when a single plant can have thousands of pieces of equipment, multiple lubrication points per piece of equipment, and multiple activities per lubrication point, each done at different intervals. From daily lubing, to semi-annual oil sampling, to yearly tank draining/replacement, the required lube tasks can number in the hundreds of thousands per year.
Yet it is far too easy to miss lube points, mix up lubricants, or over/under lubricate when relying on traditional lubrication tracking methods i.e. human memory, spread sheets and CMMS systems.
With LUBE-IT, each lube point and related tasks are inventoried including location, capacity, activity type, procedure, frequency, route and shutdown requirements. From that, the software manages all these lube tasks automatically and simplifies changes to any of the variables as needed. Once it has all the lube points, the software will reschedule a task based on when it was completed. Uncompleted tasks are presented with the next week’s activities until they are completed.
Plan for Efficiency
Free from the constraints of traditional approaches, the Power-Flex™ route technology within LUBE-IT streamlines the creation of manpower optimal lubrication routes and gives a comprehensive view of lubrication activities and workloads.
Use Power-Flex to think, and work, outside the box. What is a route? It’s not what you think – because now it’s “what can you think of?” Combine tasks with varied frequencies? Combine level-checks with re-grease tasks? Split shutdown tasks from on-the-run?
Yes, yes, and yes.
In fact any task can be put on any route, regardless. And with an unlimited number of routes to work with it’s easy to organize lubrication into a logical, effective and efficient plan that meets plant-specific needs.
Solid Grip on Lubrication
LUBE-IT takes responsibility for hundreds of thousands of lubrication tasks annually, essentially ensuring that none are left behind.
Each week the software generates a dynamic list of pertinent tasks for each route so lubrication responsibilities are always are clear and known.
These lists can be synchronized to mobile devices and contain full details for each lube point, including precise location and the quantity and type of lubricant to be applied.
With LUBE-IT, companies are able to ensure that the right machine receives the right lubricant, with the right amount, via the right procedure, at the right time – every time.
Get in Front of Reliability Issues or Get Buried in Breakdowns
If lubrication is the foundation of all maintenance activity, that foundation had better be strong. Deficient lubrication is the proven number-one cause of equipment failure. LUBE-IT is the proven way to keep machines running through best practices in lubrication. Sign up for a demo today!
- LUBE-IT is essential to a best practices lubrication system. I know LUBE-IT has saved us tens of thousands of dollars.
- LUBE-IT is a major part in the foundation of a world class lubrication system. We haven’t experienced a lubrication related failure in 18 months.
- Since we’ve been using LUBE-IT, we’re staying on top of lubrication tasks without forgetting any. I estimate we’re getting about 25% more equipment uptime with fewer staff, with ROI in about one year.
- With LUBE-IT, we were able to find out what lubricants were used where. With this information we reduced our stock in two ways: eliminating products not being used any more and consolidating products on lubrication points that could use a different (and more often used) lube.
- LUBE-IT eliminates the issue of missing or incorrect lubrication and keeps our techs working at maximum efficiency. It allows our techs to focus on what needs to be done and take over without missing anything if someone is out. If I need to change a lubrication task I can do it in seconds, and everything is updated so we’re on the same page.
- Lubrication is your single most important program; not alignment or balancing or PdM.